The Trail Blazers Game
Outdoor Orienteering and GeoCaching Challenge
The Trail Blazers Game is Team Craft's unique outdoor team building experience that engages small teams on a hike in the woods with a series of fun and challenging problem solving situations. It offers opportunities to experience the benefits of effective teamwork within and across teams.
In The Trail Blazers Game, Team Craft combines aspects of orienteering, geocaching, and ropes challenge course activities.
Participants use hand held GPS devices to locate specific locations where teams then find challenge activities they need to complete to score points. Among the activities is a geocaching phase that involves hiking off-trail in the woods and using a map and compass find hidden caches containing fun prizes.
Successfully locating caches, solving word puzzles, decoding messages, and participating in challenge activities earn team points. The winning team members receive “gold” medals.
At the end of the game, a shared win option involves teams pooling their points to obtain pieces to a large jigsaw puzzle that, when assembled, reveals a picture and a message about teamwork specific to the teams at the event.
The experience is a real adventure; it's stimulating, challenging, and unpredictable in fun ways.
Work Applications: A main point in Trail Blazers is to make a point to support the whole organization while operating in their own work groups. An action planning session at the end of the game has participants identify specific actions that apply at work.
Teams Experience and Learn
- The need for and benefits from interrelated teamwork;
- Skills in effective problem solving and communication;
- Team leadership, personal initiative, and cooperation;
- Preprogram customizing to target specific company objectives and incorporating company branding and language into challenge activities;
- Set-up the Trail Blazers activity area in a large outdoor setting
- Conduct the activity with skilled facilitators and end with an Action Planning Session that ties activity outcomes with the group’s future challenges.
Program Logistics & Locations
- Participants can number from 24 to more than 120.
- Program length from 4 to 6 hours.
- Program can be held in an area park convenient to your group that can accommodate the program area.
- Program resources use the latest GPS and digital mapping technology.
Download the Trail Blazers Team Building Program Overview "PDF" Acrobat file for printing this information and sharing with others offline.