About the Company
Team Craft develops and provides team building programs, executive retreats, and team skills workshops. Our programs apply innovative technologies, current research, and skilled facilitation. Team Craft has continuously developed and refined its experiential learning approach since 1989, and has provided its services to over 300 companies and organizations with participants from across the globe.
The Team Craft mission is to promote teamwork skills and benefits through experiences that are enjoyable, and truly educational.
In addition to experiential team building, the National Science Foundation awarded Team Craft an Innovative Research grant to explore team development using new online technology.
Our work allows us to observe and learn effective ways to support high performance teamwork.
We apply the following observations as we develop and deliver our services:
- Teams are the most productive resource a company has available, provided the teams operate with skilled members, clear goals, effective process, and shared accountability.
- Research has demonstrated that the distinguishing characteristic of a high performing team is that the members are deeply committed to each other's personal and professional development.
- Effective teams have members skilled in interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- The best way to learn to be a team is learn actively together, so that the team process is observed, discussed, and refined by everyone involved.
- Team leadership principles and practices are shared and coordinated among team members.
- Teams are only as effective as the organization encourages or enables it to be. Individual performance appraisal and reward systems need to support team performance by assessing and rewarding, in light of one’s team involvement.
- Most things get done in an organization through informal networks that are built upon positive interpersonal relationships that are developed among employees across the organization. Companies need to encourage and enable these relationships.
- There are general principles and practices for being an effective team. Yet every team also has characteristics that are unique to its circumstance and make-up. Members need to identify the best means to achieve their goals.
- Effective team members adapt personal behaviors respective of others on the team.